Here are some of the things people should know when they’ve been in an auto accident:
- The Utah law is that every insurance policy must have PIP (Personal Injury Protection). Even if you do not have full coverage and only have a limited liability policy, you still have PIP. The minimum amount on every policy is $3,000. (Some people have more if they have increased that on their policy). Whether or not you are at fault your PIP needs to be billed. The “at-fault” party’s insurance will reimburse your insurance.
- We have been treating auto accident injuries for almost 20 years. We are very experienced and will bill the auto insurance for you. Our goal is to make this process hassle free for you. (Some offices have difficulty billing auto insurance policies). In 20 years, I’ve never had a case where someone had to pay out of pocket for care related to an auto accident.
- If you don’t have an attorney we can recommend great attorneys and walk you through the process. We will treat you without you having to pay anything out of pocket when we put the case on an attorney’s lien.
- We are not your typical chiropractic office. We x-ray every auto accident injury before beginning care. We treat gently and effectively after a thorough examination. I do not perform spinal manipulations (adjustments) on every person. I will tailor a treatment plan that will best fit each person. Often patients that have been in auto accidents have bulging or herniated discs, or areas of hypermobility (all of which can be further damaged with chiropractic manipulation). We treat these disc issues with laser and decompression therapy. This is gentle, but very effective in healing herniated and bugling discs. We also use a lot of massage therapy when treating auto accident injuries. Care is gentle and pain-free in our office.
- In auto accident cases, we treat our patients with therapeutic massage, electrical muscle stimulation, trigger point (traumeel) injections, ultra sound, mechanical traction, and when appropriate adjustments and exercise therapy.
I guess the main points of auto accident care in our office, is that it costs nothing (out of pocket) to be treated and we never hurt anyone. Our goal is to get a person back to 100% full function as quickly and comfortably as possible.